What did you feed your worms today?

If you are having problems with an existing wormery, or just need some advice - then ask it here
WillyWorm
Re: What did you feed your worms today?

Post by WillyWorm » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:11 am

Sounds like a great diet, a diverse diet like that helps keep your worms healthy and produces quality castings.

Have fun
Willy

inchworm

Post by inchworm » Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:21 am

My worms have been settling in for 10 days and I don't want to overfeed them. So far I tried a teabag and an egg cup of mashed potato. Next is a teeny bit of potato, carrot ends cut up fine with half an eggshell baked in the oven which I will smash into little pieces.

WillyWorm

Post by WillyWorm » Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:52 pm

Sounds like a menu at a posh restaurant. But also sounds perfect for your herd.

🙃 Willy

Mazzy

Post by Mazzy » Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:32 pm

Hello all you worm people, I fed my worms some frozen veggies thawed out, two bananas, bit of watermelon which they love, small amount of porridge oats, tea bag,and finally a tea spoon of ground up egg shells. I have taken to blending my worm food and they seem to really like it, there is never any food left when I check my bin. They are really thriving and are breeding like there’s no tomorrow. Anyone else tried this method I would love to know.
Willie I have not posted for awhile but I would like you to know my tarp is still working really well. Here in Cornwall we have had lots of very heavy rain for days on end, but my bin stayed dry and the worms are happy and healthy I hope you are well Willie I will post again soon. Ps sorry for the long post

WillyWorm

Post by WillyWorm » Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:53 pm

Hi Mazzy. Good to have you back on the forum. I will look forward to some regular updates.
The only time I normally blend my herds food is if I run short of the nice stuff, bananas peel, apple, past there best grapes, plums etc then they get nothing or blended root veg, potatoes, carrot peel etc. The thing that take an age to be consumed if not blended.

Get you soon Willy

Mazzy

Post by Mazzy » Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:29 pm

Hi Willie thanks for your reply, I am trying to send you some photos of my bin but I don’t know what I am doing could you please tell me who to post them to and I will try again. I sent some to wormciy but I don’t know if you got them, they could be anywhere. Cheers Mazzy

WillyWorm

Post by WillyWorm » Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:59 pm

Hi Mazzy, sorry I never got any photos, if you want to send to me you can do so, I believe, by hitting on my name and then then hit send a private message, this will open a email page thing. If you want to post to the forum let me know and I will try and figure it out, been a long while since I did it lol.
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, for some reason I did not get a notification of your post.

Look forward to the photos Willy

WillyWorm

Post by WillyWorm » Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:38 am

Hi Mazzy, maybe lilwrigger could help with the photos they have posted photos before.

Lilwriggler

Post by Lilwriggler » Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:06 pm

I have managed to post some on the site before, but you need to make them a pretty small file size, less than a Mb for sure. There is a size limit, but i don’t recall what it was! Sry…

WillyWorm

Post by WillyWorm » Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:43 pm

Thanks lilwriggler. I thought you had done it in the past. I remember trying and giving up.

Willy

Return to “Worms & Wormeries”