Horse manure

If you are having problems with an existing wormery, or just need some advice - then ask it here
David Latter
Horse manure

Post by David Latter » Thu May 14, 2020 5:48 pm

Hi I have some old horse manure is it ok to add it to my wormery.

WillyWorm

Re: Horse manure

Post by WillyWorm » Fri May 15, 2020 7:55 am

Yes. If it is old it will be fine and can be used in place of food and bedding for your worms. Horse Manure must be well aged before using in our small bins, fresh manure can bring many problems with it including residue from the horses having been wormed still being active and killing your worms and herbicide used on the pasture which can remain active and affect you garden. Aged manure over 12 months will be fine to use, if you look at the pile of manure and see worms in it already then it should be fine to use.

Willy

David Latter

Post by David Latter » Sat May 16, 2020 3:41 pm

Many thanks for your advice. As my wormery is doing great rather than take any risk I will put some horse manure in a container then add some of my worms and see how they get on.

WillyWorm

Post by WillyWorm » Sat May 16, 2020 4:01 pm

Great idea, always better to be safe than sorry.

Stay safe
Willy

jabirsheikh

Post by jabirsheikh » Fri May 22, 2020 11:43 am

Manure is a natural fertilizer. I am very much into gardening, I have a backyard where I grew lot of veggies and flowers. Whenever I got some free time from my cover letter writing service online, I look after all of my plants. I have used manure it is made entirely of organic materials it does not contribute to any form of pollution. There are three types of manure, green manure, farmyard manure, and compost manure. It is highly rich in organic matter.

belleriggs12

Post by belleriggs12 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:53 pm

Water is essential to horses for their well-being; and no animals delight more thoroughly in a bath. website

teresaajane4

Post by teresaajane4 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:29 am

Hi there, David. I hope that this tred helped you in solving the problem with horse manure . As I understood you are a big fan of wortmcity and it’s obvious that you don’t have enough time to write an https://primeessay.org/free/Personal/importance-of-personal-accountability.html accountability essay so we can help you with it!

WillyWorm

Post by WillyWorm » Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:23 am

The term “horse manure” seems to attract this off topic poo.

mehakaggarwal

Post by mehakaggarwal » Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:31 am

Great idea, Good Information

Like it
thanks so much
:) ;) :cool:

janegrant0023

Post by janegrant0023 » Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:09 am

Top-notch paper at reasonable cost and delivered on time sounds like something unreal? Check out the https://www.writingpapersucks.com/studybay-com-review/ page to get more information about the platform that can make your dreams come true. Writingpapersucks.com

Return to “Worms & Wormeries”