White mites

If you are having problems with an existing wormery, or just need some advice - then ask it here
birminghamwormcity
White mites

Post by birminghamwormcity » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:45 pm

Hi I have lots of small white flies/mites in the wormery atm. Is there anything I can do to remove or prevent this. Will they do any harm to the wormery?

Had lots of fruit flies but adding paper seems to have stopped them.

Any tips on how to stop them

Thank you :s

WillyWorm

Re: White mites

Post by WillyWorm » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:21 pm

Hi, worm bins play host to many different forms of life. “Mites” are small, easily seen, they have round bodies with eight legs, they come in many colours.
I think from you description what you have are springtails which average 2mm on length. Neither mites or spring tails pose any threat to your worms, both particularly spring tails are beneficial to your bin.
If you wish to control their numbers the the best way is to add more paper to the top level of the bedding.
Hope that helps
Willy

ArchieRowallan

Post by ArchieRowallan » Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:31 pm

They have made it simpler to purchase the tamoxifen through overall transportation. Such offices enhance the picture of the item and the brand and after that they utilize essay writing service reviews to get quality in it. I was searching for this tablet for long and great to discover it through this blog.

WillyWorm

Post by WillyWorm » Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:55 pm

White mites like off topic spammers can be difficult to get rid of. I try to ignore them and hope they come to an unpleasant end.

Willy

Return to “Worms & Wormeries”