What did you feed your worms today?

If you are having problems with an existing wormery, or just need some advice - then ask it here
WillyWorm
What did you feed your worms today?

Post by WillyWorm » Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:16 pm

I've fed mine cat food (which was in the cat bowl overnight), banana peel, a apple core, pear core, lettuce leaves, tomato ends, tea bags, ground egg shell and shredded letters from the bank (hope they enjoy those more than I did ? lol)
Please let us know what you have fed your worms so we can all get new ideas.

wurmweiler

Re: What did you feed your worms today?

Post by wurmweiler » Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:54 am

i obtained a bucket load of egg shells from a small local bakery, dried them out, milled them to granular powder like consistency and sprinkle a handful now and again onto the wormery.

after returning from holiday we discovered a few wrinkled sprouting potatoes, a few squishy apples and some yucky celery sticks which were all blended into a gloopy mass and fed to the wormery.

WillyWorm

Post by WillyWorm » Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:39 pm

Today I fed my worms; some bananas which had gone black, some chopped up lettuce, the flower heads off of  a dozen roses (which were well past there best), a little bread, which had been dried in the oven. Then my neighbour gave me the bedding and sawdust from her hamster cage which I spread on top of the worms bedding. That's them fed for a few days.

Touran Daddy

Post by Touran Daddy » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:55 am

Nothing coz it's only 3 days old  :D
Argh the wait is killing me!

WillyWorm

Post by WillyWorm » Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:11 pm

Welcome Touran, is this your first bin? You will soon be running at full speed, my latest bin has been up and running less than two weeks and my worms are now munching on kitchen scraps. Good luck with your new family lol.

Touran Daddy

Post by Touran Daddy » Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:21 am

Thanks willyworm,

Yep, first bin and first go at the worms. Must check on them at least 5 times a day :-)

WillyWorm

Post by WillyWorm » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:44 am

Enjoy your new family, just don't try to name them all.
Seriously try to resist disturbing them to much or you may find the don't settle and start trying to leave home. I'm sure by now you have found out there is lots of good information on this forum with will help you care for your worms.

Good luck Willy

WillyWorm

Post by WillyWorm » Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:56 am

Today I fed my worms with some stale breakfast cereal which I had soaked in water overnight. I hope they enjoy it lol.

WillyWorm

Post by WillyWorm » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:02 pm

Did anybody feed their worms today? If you did let us know what!

My worms got two banana peels, a little bit of food the cat left and chopped potatoe skin.

WillyWorm

Post by WillyWorm » Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:54 pm

Your worms will survive for about a month between feeds however you need to feed them sometimes!! Don't be shy  8) tell us what gastronomic delight you have served your worms today.

Return to “Worms & Wormeries”