No Coir included in set up kit - HELP what do I use instead?

If you are having problems with an existing wormery, or just need some advice - then ask it here
Worm Newbie
No Coir included in set up kit - HELP what do I use instead?

Post by Worm Newbie » Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:49 pm

HELP!

I've just opened up my Wormcity wormery and there is no Coir block included. I've set up the farm, but am at a loss as to what to use. It's after hours so I can't get to many shops, so I've got to use what I have at home (newspaper and cardboard). The instructions also refer to compost soil, but what type of compost would be best? I've only got seedling and tomato compost.

Any urgent help would be appreciated.
thanks
Worm Newbie

WillyWorm

Re: No Coir included in set up kit - HELP what do I use instead?

Post by WillyWorm » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:49 pm

Hi don’t panic all will be well.
Shredded or torn up newspaper will make great bedding not just in cases like this but but in the future. If you have a shredder shred some paper and wet it. Wring it out and aim for it to feel like a damp sponge, if it’s too wet add some more dry paper until it seems right. If you have some garden compost or some garden soil then add half a handful to the the paper, don’t use fresh potting or tomato compost, it make contain “salts” which the worms may not like. This mix will introduce all the micro and good bacteria you need for a healthy worm bin.
If you need more help please just shout.

Willy

WillyWorm

Post by WillyWorm » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:52 pm

Your worms will be fine in the packing they arrived in for a week or so. If you would prefer coir go to Wormcity.co.uk and you will find a telephone number and email address for Ronnie (the owner) she will get coir to you ASAP by Thursday I think.

Willy

mandyangelica

Post by mandyangelica » Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:51 am

Hey this is mandy angelica i really like your post such a great information about this topics Flowers and the veggies from the worms is important. The folks who having best uk essay writing service lawn and frames they need to spray in step with requirement. I hope you'll able to setup the coir kit upon getting the expert

hazelaudrin

Post by hazelaudrin » Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:40 pm

As research by the book advertising team coconut has excellent properties compared to sawdust, it is not recommended to use coconut coffee instead of sawdust flow in cattle management because it has 4.4 times the cost of waste and dust production problems.

WillyWorm

Post by WillyWorm » Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:09 pm

That shows great research skills. Fills me full of confidence and ready to hand over my cash to people like this to do research for me. Maybe they should research avoidance of off topic posts in forums.

Liams12

Post by Liams12 » Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:35 am

Thanks for sharing this information, recently I am looking for this kind of information because I am a writer from a quality accounting assignment help agency and working in a project.

gregadamson
Location:https://www.slotozilla.com/uk/online-ca ... ile/iphone

Post by gregadamson » Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:46 am

mandyangelica wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:51 am
Hey this is mandy angelica i really like your post such a great information about this topics Flowers and the veggies from the worms is important. The folks who having lawn and frames they need to spray in step with requirement. I hope you'll able to setup the coir kit upon getting the expert
Much obliged for sharing this data, as of late I am searching for this sort of data since I am an author from a quality bookkeeping task help organization and working in a venture.

davidchristain

Post by davidchristain » Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:06 pm

The final step in the writing process is editing. Questions can be answered using data that has been appropriately gathered and stored.

Return to “Worms & Wormeries”