Harvesting a tray

If you are having problems with an existing wormery, or just need some advice - then ask it here
Lilwriggler
Re: Harvesting a tray

Post by Lilwriggler » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:09 pm

Harvested a tray today, mixed into a tub which will have shallots and radishes hopefully. Removed some of the bedding material from the next tray which still isnt breaking down. New tray started on top, all ready for spring, some things just need to keep moving, a small but pleasant distraction in todays times, will move them back outside soon.

WillyWorm

Post by WillyWorm » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:53 am

Thanks for your update. Things tend to be slower in the winter but looking at the fields and the garden spring is arriving fast.

Stay safe in these difficult time’s
Willy

Smallthings

Post by Smallthings » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:17 pm

The radishes and shallots sound like a good idea Lilwriggler. I'm also hoping to harvest a tray in the next few weeks, the bottom one of three in place at the moment. But I checked it yesterday and it had just two pairs of large worms "using" it very happily by the look of it... seems they'd gone down there for some privacy! I didn't want to disturb them... suspect I will find some eggs in there when I harvest now.
Our wonderful worms are a lovely reminder of how nature just goes on doing what it always does through good times and bad.
Take care everyone.

Return to “Worms & Wormeries”