Tissue

If you are having problems with an existing wormery, or just need some advice - then ask it here
Lilwriggler
Tissue

Post by Lilwriggler » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:53 pm

Fruit flies are starting a bit more now and hamster bedding isn’t quite enough, any issues with used tissues or kitchen towel? My bottom tray is looking good, almost all the “white bedding materials” have broken down, my feeding tray looks all right but now thinking of starting next tray above, hence the need for a bit more carbon material to cover and minimise fruit flies.

WillyWorm

Re: Tissue

Post by WillyWorm » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:51 pm

Hi it’s good to hear things are going so well. We are getting to the time of year when things move quickly with our worms so I would get your next try in place soon.
The only issue with tissue for bedding is that it can pack down if it is used on its own. If mixed with other carbons/bedding, like shredded news paper, cardboard, hamster bedding etc it is fine and brakes down quickly.

Have fun
Willy

WillyWorm

Post by WillyWorm » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:31 pm

Hi just wanted to say do not put tissue with any sort of chemicals on eg makeup remover etc in the worm bin. Kitchen paper used in meal preparation is fine.

Lilwriggler

Post by Lilwriggler » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:47 pm

Cool, i will mix it with card board and eggboxes to get the mix right, nice to be recycling those type of things back into the garden!

Return to “Worms & Wormeries”