new wormery!

If you are having problems with an existing wormery, or just need some advice - then ask it here
ryanshelton
new wormery!

Post by ryanshelton » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:43 pm

Hello

got my new wormery on Friday, much to the other halfs dismay. ( She hates worms).

Just wanted to check how long do i leave the worms before i start feeding them waste food etc? Currently they are munching away on the food that came with the kit.

Also, when i do add the food is it into the same tray the worms and the bedding is currently or into another tray on top?

WillyWorm

Re: new wormery!

Post by WillyWorm » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:17 am

Hi Ryan, welcome to the forum and the world of worms.
Yes you feed your worms in the top tray, which is the one with the worms and bedding in. If your worms appear to be eating their dry food then there is no reason not to feed a small amount of kitchen scraps now. Start with a piece about walnut size and don’t give them more until that is gone or nearly gone.
I surgest you read the list of food you can and should not feed which you will find in the faq which you can get to at the top of this page. Also if you look at other posts on feeding worms you will find a post on “four corner feeding” which will help you avoid over and under feeding, if you can’t find it let me know and I will do it again.
Enjoy your new hobby let us know if we can help in anyway.

WillyWorm

Return to “Worms & Wormeries”