Adding second tray in cold weather

If you are having problems with an existing wormery, or just need some advice - then ask it here
Lilwriggler
Re: Adding second tray in cold weather

Post by Lilwriggler » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:09 pm

I see what you mean about the cabbage, I checked it yesterday and it was the same as the day I put it in. I will pop it in the top tray and replace with some banana skin and apple core. I had dropped in some stale niger seed from the bird feeder(small amount) but that is growing like crazy and despite me pulling it out and dropping it on top it’s still growing. The herd seem pretty happy though, they are in all levels and looking healthy

WillyWorm

Post by WillyWorm » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:59 pm

Hi thanks for the update. Good to hear thinks are going good. I don’t know why caddage is slow to breakdown but I always have that problem. Just pull any seed that sprout and leave them on the tray surface there is a lot of goodness in sprouted seeds.

All the best and happy new year
Willy

WillyWorm

Post by WillyWorm » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:59 pm

Hi thanks for the update. Good to hear thinks are going good. I don’t know why caddage is slow to breakdown but I always have that problem. Just pull any seed that sprout and leave them on the tray surface there is a lot of goodness in sprouted seeds.

All the best and happy new year
Willy

Return to “Worms & Wormeries”