fizzy bins

If you are having problems with an existing wormery, or just need some advice - then ask it here
PeteF
fizzy bins

Post by PeteF » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:54 am

I have three bins which I keep in my garage when feedin the first one today I could hear a noise ! When I put my ear close to the top of the bin I could hear a fizzing sound ??. exactly like the sound you get when you've poured a glass of coke !. On checking the other two bins, they were the same. What's going on guys ? Have I got a problem ? I'm starting to get edgy and would appreciate any advice  and help. Thank you
Pete

WillyWorm

RE: fizzy bins

Post by WillyWorm » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:08 am

Hi Pete, I don't think you need to get edgy . I think what you are hearing is the sound of happy worms going about their work. The fizz is more of a good sign than bad. You may like to keep an eye on you population it may be a little high for the size of the bin but apart from that I don't think your fizz is anything to worry about.

All the best
Willy

PeteF

Post by PeteF » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:07 am

I was a bit concerned as Id never heared this before. maybe I need to add another tray. the worms seem fine and the bins don't smell and they have a good Ph.
Thanx Willy for your input
Pete

WillyWorm

Post by WillyWorm » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:11 am

Maybe they are partying and the fizz is the tonic water being opened to put with the gin. Hope they don't keep you awake at night lol

Willy

PeteF

Post by PeteF » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:09 pm

That's made me laugh  Willy. After all I've fed them all these months all nicely ground up every time and they haven't even invited me ....whats worse they know I like gin
Cheers Willy
Regards Pete

WillyWorm

Post by WillyWorm » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:18 pm

Just don't give them a slice of lemon for their GnT it's not good for them! Come to think of it not is ice. Not for me sorry they can keep their GnT

Willy

Return to “Worms & Wormeries”