Melons

If you are having problems with an existing wormery, or just need some advice - then ask it here
PeteF
RE: Melons

Post by PeteF » Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:26 pm

hello Willy
Fine thanx for asking. Im sure your advise made a big difference Willy.
First night 6 escapes and 8 in lid. All were saved
Second night NO escapes and 3 in lid. all very small ones I might add.
The sump had quite a few in as it does each morning but then I now know that's quite normal and I just return them to their bedding.
I know they have been mating as I have lots more worms but this morning I saw my first pair mating.
So yes all going well thank you.
Pete

WillyWorm

Post by WillyWorm » Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:32 pm

Good to hear that things are going so well. If they have started mating then they must be settled in and happy.

Well done
Willy

Montalbo

Post by Montalbo » Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:34 pm

PeteF wrote: my daughter works ay a nursery and acquires unwanted fruit for me, tea bags etc. Has anyone use canary melon skins (the yellow melon).the skins are a bit waxy and I wondered if these were ok (in moderation)
Pete
Just like mine lol.

WillyWorm

Post by WillyWorm » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:40 am

Hi Montalbo, good to see you here on the forum. How long have you had your worms?

Willy

greenfingerswannabe

Post by greenfingerswannabe » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:45 am

Morning All

Well, had my wormery one month now and with added guidance here on this forum, particularly "WW" everything seems to be progressing fine. Was away over the weekend and with the concern of overfeeding, didn't want to put too much in the bin.

What hungry little critters!!

Amongst my feed was a quarter piece of cantaloupe melon skin, which I put in whole.We all know how tough the rind is on those melons. It has been reduced to the paper thin outer skin. Quite remarkable when you haven't seen and didn't expect that to happen. Everything else has disappeared as well. I think it's time to increase their plate size!!

Alan

WillyWorm

Post by WillyWorm » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:04 am

Well done Alan sounds like your worm keeping apprenticeship is over lol. Keep up the good work.

Willy

Return to “Worms & Wormeries”