First Wormery HELP!!!!!!!!!

If you are having problems with an existing wormery, or just need some advice - then ask it here
Deaks1981
First Wormery HELP!!!!!!!!!

Post by Deaks1981 » Thu May 18, 2017 8:30 pm

Hi everyone

Newbie here and its my first wormery I've noticed that my worms keep escaping into the sump we're talking quite a few does anyone know why or any ideas on how to stop it 

At the moment i only have 1 tray as I've only started it a month ago if that helps 

Many thanks in advance 

Jamie

wormcity

RE: First Wormery HELP!!!!!!!!!

Post by wormcity » Fri May 19, 2017 8:54 am

Hi
Don't worry
Worms move about and explore. As you get more trays in your wormery it will happen less and less.
Just ensure the sump stays mostly free of liquid
You can put a barrier under the food in the bottom tray (weed blanket cut to size, an old tshirt, cardboard) if you want to

Ronnie

WillyWorm

Post by WillyWorm » Sun May 21, 2017 1:27 pm

When I first started up, l did what Ronnie suggested above and put a barrier between my first tray and the sump. I used newspaper which held together long enough for my herd to get used to there new home. The other thing you can do is put a washing-up sponge in the sump this can help the worms, by giving them something to climb up, to return to the tray above. You will always get some rebelius teenagers who will go where they should not, I put it down to the junk food they eat lol.
Have fun
Willy

wormcity

Post by wormcity » Tue May 23, 2017 3:17 pm

WillyWorm wrote:  You will always get some rebelius teenagers who will go where they should not, I put it down to the junk food they eat lol.
Ha Ha   fruit and veg all the way ;)

Return to “Worms & Wormeries”