what have I done wrong ???

If you are having problems with an existing wormery, or just need some advice - then ask it here
Hector
Re: what have I done wrong ???

Post by Hector » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:05 pm

Just a quick word to say what a helpful thread! Silly worm, ou are a star!

WillyWorm

Post by WillyWorm » Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:55 pm

Hi Hector, welcome to the forum. Tell us what is your set up and how is it going at the moment.

WormyMcWormerson

Post by WormyMcWormerson » Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:13 pm

Willy, what do you do about worm eggs when you harvest the castings? I've been picking as many out as I can but it gets to a point where I give us because there's just so many!

WillyWorm

Post by WillyWorm » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:44 am

Hi MC, it's good too hear your worms are so productive maybe it's something in the water lol.
Basically I just leave them in the castings and distribute them around the garden or plot. So unless there is a special reason for removal just leave them. Your worms seem to know how to make babies so you will soon have a lot more eggs.
If for some reason you feel you must remove them there is a way but it's nearly as time-consuming as hand picking them. Let me know if you need info on this.

Hope that helps
Willy

WormyMcWormerson

Post by WormyMcWormerson » Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:23 pm

I just think it's a bit of the shame to see my potential wriggly friends go.  ;D

WillyWorm

Post by WillyWorm » Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:18 pm

I know what you mean. But after a while you will build up enough humus in your garden and your worms will be happy living and making babies in wild. The worms most of us keep in our bins are native to the uk and will live and thrive anywhere there is rich soil (or protentially rich soil, like compost piles, manure heaps and woodland floor). So look at it as returning them to where they came from.
Willy

Return to “Worms & Wormeries”