What did you feed your worms today?

If you are having problems with an existing wormery, or just need some advice - then ask it here
WillyWorm
Re: What did you feed your worms today?

Post by WillyWorm » Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:23 pm

Today I fed my worms a Jamaican patie with a little salad, both were given to me by a friend to eat on my journey home but I could not manage the last one. I did grudge the worms that patie (they are lovely) but I did not want to risk eating it after it had traveled in the car for 12 hours. I wonder if I will get Rastafarian worms, hope so they will be very colourful in my worm bin. Lol

WillyWorm

Post by WillyWorm » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:07 pm

I have just found a supply of well rotted horse manure so my worms are dining today.

WillyWorm

Post by WillyWorm » Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:30 am

Today my worms got a cocktail of: black over ripe bananas, some dog food which looked passed its best, stirred (not shaken) with some well rotted horse manure. This was covered with a sprinkle of shredded letters from the bank manager (again I hope they enjoy them more than I did). Oh what lucky worms getting such fine dining. Bon appetite

WillyWorm

Post by WillyWorm » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:22 am

Today my worms got some stringy runner beans from the allotment and some tomato's which had fallen off the vine on to the ground in the greenhouse. These were blended together into a pulp in the food processor (don't tell the wife)

misha11

Post by misha11 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:40 pm

Was making apple muffins so they had the leftover apple/peelings. Also some sweet potato and because I was trying to sort out our filing, some shredded paper !!

WillyWorm

Post by WillyWorm » Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:04 pm

My worms are enjoying a traditional Halloween meal today. Somebody had smashed a Halloween pumpkin lantern in the street, I gathered it up as a treat for my worms. They seem to love it.
What a great way to recycle all thos lanterns.

wormcity

Post by wormcity » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:38 pm

Worms really love pumpkin and mash potato - mine seem to bury themselves in it

Ronnie

WillyWorm

Post by WillyWorm » Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:32 pm

I'm just back from a trip and our dog is still at the kennels so today my worms got mash potatoe and baked beans which would normally have gone to the dog.

WillyWorm

Post by WillyWorm » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:40 pm

Today I fed my army of workers some Jerusalem Artichokes, I have had a good crop of Artichokes on the allottement, I just hope they don't have the same affect on my worms as they do on my wife.

Lol Willy

WillyWorm

Post by WillyWorm » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:33 pm

Hi, I will be away for Christmas so I have just given my worms their Christmas meal. They had over ripe bananas, tea bags, baked beans, cooked brussel sprouts and cooked sweed, sounds a lot but it was a little of each. Having covered it with their bedding I sprinkled over some dried food on top, just a dusting like icing sugar on a Christmas cake.

I would like to wish you all and your worms a Merry Christmas and a happy New Year
Willy

PS if you have too many scrapes to feed your worms in one go this Christmas freeze some for the new year.

Return to “Worms & Wormeries”