What did you feed your worms today?

If you are having problems with an existing wormery, or just need some advice - then ask it here
Lilwriggler
Re: What did you feed your worms today?

Post by Lilwriggler » Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:25 pm

Here’s a question. I have been composting cotton pads (only had water on them, nothing else) and they seem to breakdown well. I now have a month or two whilst that batch matures so i was thinking of putting these in the wormeries as a further carbon source, i can’t see any issues with that, can you Willy?

WillyWorm

Post by WillyWorm » Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:39 pm

Hi lilwriggler, should be good. The carbon to nitrogen ratio of cotton is somewhere between 22:1 and 27:1 so cotton can be used as a food item.
I have found with some cotton items that the thread used to hold it together, is not cotton and needs to be fished out later,
this may not affect your pads.

Willy

WillyWorm

Post by WillyWorm » Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:16 am

https://youtu.be/raMEQzGVY3w

Might be worth a try. Not sure the link will work you may need to copy and paste.

WillyWorm

Post by WillyWorm » Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:39 am

Today my worms got Haggis, tatties (potatoes) and neeps (sweet). My wife found it in the freezer, we cooked it sometime ago and there was some left I had intended frying up for breakfast (bit like bubble and squeak)but it’s not looking so inviting now. I hope the worms enjoy it, haggis can be a little peppery at times.

WillyWorm

Post by WillyWorm » Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:20 pm

Today I fed my worms a pair of my bamboo shocks one of which had a hole in it. Will be interesting to see how long they last.

Willy

WillyWorm

Post by WillyWorm » Tue Jan 17, 2023 2:00 pm

Today I fed my worms a pair of leather gloves my wife was going to put in the rubbish.

Willy

Krakenn

Post by Krakenn » Thu May 18, 2023 10:02 pm

I fed my worms vegetable peelings. They always like it. I also bought macrame stuff for the decoration.

Return to “Worms & Wormeries”