Hello from London

If you are having problems with an existing wormery, or just need some advice - then ask it here
IainE
Hello from London

Post by IainE » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:47 pm

Hi there,

Greetings from East London.  My name is Iain and my first wormery lives happily in our front garden sheltered by hedge on two sides.

I am still very much a newbie, but I was actually given a Wormcity wormery for my birthday last year in May by my partner.  At the time, I did feel a slight sulk come over me, as erm I did think it a rather strange present.  I am sure my face fell at the time, however, I have enjoyed getting to know its strange inhabitants ever since putting it together and precariously placing into the bathroom after assembly for the first night.  It is one of the 4 tray green 'beehive' type of wormeries and I am very pleased with it.

Overall, apart from one attack of fruit flies at the end of last summer, which was my fault, all is going very well.  The wormery became the focus of discussion and a close friend, decided to follow our example.  She lives in an apartment and decided she ought to buy a wormery for herself and her flat mate.  The type of wormery was a bin type with no trays, nor any ventilation really.  It did fit in well with her balcony and from a distance it 'looked' fine, but close-up it was impractical, as it was more like a cheap plastic mini dustbin and lid.  This was incidentally purchased from elsewhere, shortly after my partner bought mine.  I was duly summoned to put it together.  The other main difference, apart from the type of wormery, were the worms themselves.  Mine were fat and pink and really active, these were minuscule and were hard to find.  Several weeks passed and my worms settled in, while my friend's erm died.  So I rang up the other supplier and they to be fair sent more, but again they perished.  I'm not surprised as the worms were packaged in a very small plastic envelope and the replacement set my friend actually found in her letter box comig home from work.  She now has a wormery like mine  ;D

I made a couple of calls to a very helpful lady at the other end. 

So 'hi' and I'll post other questions in due course as I do have quite a few, as I feel I need to progress onto knowing a lot more  ;D :o

Iain

wormcity

Re: Hello from London

Post by wormcity » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:28 pm

Hi Ian

Glad I could help on the phone, and welcome to the forum

Ronnie x

Return to “Worms & Wormeries”