Escape from Wormcatraz

If you are having problems with an existing wormery, or just need some advice - then ask it here
wormcity
Re: Escape from Wormcatraz

Post by wormcity » Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:18 pm

1. Will they ever start to behave themselves and stay where they're supposed to be? I thought the gaffer tape trick would only be temporary but as they're still congregating in the lid I don't like the idea of having to keep taping it up every night and un-taping every morning for the rest of my natural.
Believe me - they will settle down - unfortunatly there isnt any consistency some settle within 2-3 days - some take a week
at least you know they are healthy !!
have you tried placing a bin bag around the tray and then lid on top - so they cant go down - or escape from the top. ?
it will save on the gaffer tape......,
Other posts suggest the worms in the sump will make their way back into the base. Is this true as I'm going to have to resort to sealing the gap between the base and sump permanently to stop them getting out that way.
They 'should' make their way upwards however some worms seem to prefer living in the sump. If you are happy with that scrunch some newspaper and place it in the sump and they will happily live there.

alternatively add some fine mesh to the base.

Sounds to me if your worms need a firm talking to, let them know whos boss !

Good luck

Ronnie

Return to “Worms & Wormeries”