Lid of wormery

If you are having problems with an existing wormery, or just need some advice - then ask it here
Lilwriggler
Re: Lid of wormery

Post by Lilwriggler » Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:39 pm

My two wormeries, as a further comparison, sit better than those pictures. They kindly replaced a lid for me when my second wormery came down.

wormcity

Post by wormcity » Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:23 pm

Hi

Two things to try

1) The little lugs on the lid - sometimes these are pushed outwards during delivery. Get a flat-ended knife and very gently push the lug inwards. You can see that they are chamfered, this should then allow the lid to sit

2) if the above doesn't work then put the lid in place with the corner that doesn't sit flush - to the top right of the handle (the handle of the composting tray below). Then pull the handle outwards with your right hand and push down the lid from the top with your left hand. It should slot into place. Slightly difficult to explain but hopefully get the gist!

Once in place, it usually remoulds itself, better in warmer weather as the plastic is more pliant .....

Hopefully, one of the above methods will solve the issue.

There are small gaps between the lid and the top composting tray, Worms won't leave because of it, a healthy wormery will keep its worms!

Also, the 4 holes are there to tie the lid in place if it is windy

Ronnie

Smallthings

Post by Smallthings » Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:39 am

Thanks! I managed to push the lid into place this morning - more pliable now as it's older. First time I'd tried again after setting it up! Glad I know now but can confirm that having that little gap for all this time hasn't caused any issues either :)

Vinny

Post by Vinny » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:21 pm

I pushed the tabs in, and accidentally broke one, but now the lid fits in 1 orientation only

Return to “Worms & Wormeries”