Wormery sump tap leak

If you are having problems with an existing wormery, or just need some advice - then ask it here
Smallthings
Wormery sump tap leak

Post by Smallthings » Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:21 am

I've noticed the sump on my wormery is leaking, I replaced it a little while back thinking that there was a hole in the sump itself as I couldn't work out why there was leachate accumulating on the floor, but it's leaking again so it seems to be down to the tap arrangement as it just has the plastic locking nut on the inside of the sump and nothing else to seal it. I'm sure I can sort this out with some rubber washers - but thought I'd just flag this up to see if it's a common problem and perhaps might be worth considering including washers with the wormery components in the future? Apart from that, very happy with it, two and a half years on and still going strong. Love my worms! :)

WillyWorm

Re: Wormery sump tap leak

Post by WillyWorm » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:04 pm

I’ve had my bin over five years and never had a problem.
I seem to remember a while ago somebody did have this problem and solved I by using two washers one on the inside and one on the outside of the sump.
If you need a washer you could contact Ronnie at Wormcity she may be able to help.

Willy

Smallthings

Re: Wormery sump tap leak

Post by Smallthings » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:14 pm

Many thanks Willy - will do or if not I'm sure I can get some washers at a hardware store, should hopefully stop the leak. Meanwhile the wormery is in the shed and I've put a polythene on the floor so it catches the drips!

Return to “Worms & Wormeries”