Like pets without vets!

Do you have any comments to make about our service or products.
Do you have any suggestions on how we can improve our service, then please let us know
Smallthings
Like pets without vets!

Post by Smallthings » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:36 pm

Thank you so much for my wormery, I'm loving it and have become mildly obsessed. I bought it early September and all seems to be going well so far, now moved from a sheltered spot outside into the shed where they can stay over winter. It's like having pets without vets - I want to give them the best care I can but it's good knowing I can just leave them to it most of the time too (although can't resist checking them quickly every day and talking to them.....) Would thoroughly recommend to anyone with an interest in the subject, who also wants to understand and read up about them, it's an education, I had no idea there was so much to learn about them, but a very enjoyable topic.
One question - I've been adding small amounts of veg/fruit waste about once/twice a week (using the four corner method), should I also be feeding them the cereal wormfood provided in the original kit? I've generally been sprinkling a little in with the green stuff and it seems to go quite quickly but don't want to overfeed. Does the cereal wormfood go off, or is it okay to keep for months and feed occasionally?
Many thanks!

WillyWorm

Re: Like pets without vets!

Post by WillyWorm » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:38 am

Hi welcome to the world of worms. The feeding of the dry food is up to yourself, there is no need to feed it but sometimes it is convenient if you are short on other food.
The dry food will keep for months in a dry, cool, dark place. I make my own dry food mainly using waste bread which dry in the bottom of the oven the put in the food processor. Add to this any out of date or spilled dried food, breakfast cereal, rice, pasta etc.
It sounds like everything is going well for you and your herd, well done. Please let us have an update soon.

Willy

Smallthings

Re: Like pets without vets!

Post by Smallthings » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:33 am

Thanks Willy, appreciate the tip. Now hoping we'll get through the Winter ok and that, after the cold weather, will be ready to start the next tray. Fingers crossed!

Return to “Testimonials / Feedback”